Monday, January 17, 2011

Part #3- Our Emotional Journey

Tuesday
On Tuesday I woke up Addisyn and made her get dressed to take Luke to school. I kept asking her questions and the only response I would get would be a yes or no with her head. On the drive to Redlands I asked her if her head hurt, if her tummy hurt, if her throat hurt, and all the answers were no. After dropping off Luke at school and talking to some of the mommies there I decided I needed to take her in. My friend Carly prayed with me in the parking lot and off I went to plan my day. Tuesdays are always hard because Tim is gone from 5am until around 6:30pm. I called my sister to see if she could watch Karsten and Ainsley and met up with her to transfer the kids in a parking lot. My sister, Jill, tried to talk to Addisyn and give her some sprite; but nothing! Addisyn just sat there in a total daze. After we left Addisyn slept all the way to the doctor's office. I carried her into the doctors office and she just sat on a chair, spaced out. She said she had to go to the bathroom so I asked for a cup for her to pee in. When the doctor came in and checked her out he said that everything in her urine came back fine and that she still had another 24 hours before she was going to be dehydrated. He talked to Addisyn and told her he wanted to give her time to hydrate on her own, otherwise they were going to put an IV in her arm. Addisyn agreed by nodding her head and we left. I talked to her about drinking, gave her many options; cold, not cold, ice, straw, bottle, cup.... nothing worked, she just sat there! On the way home we stopped at one of Addiyn's friends house to see if she would talk or play with a friend but instead she just laid on the bed in a daze. We came home and within 3 minutes of laying on the couch she was asleep again and still had not drank anything. I took a shower and decided that I'm not waiting 24 more hours. So, I put her back in the car and took her back to the doctor. Three nurses came in to help hold her down while they put an IV in and they didn't have to do anything. Addisyn just laid there and was starring off into space. She didn't cry or make a sound. They took blood then, started her on fluids. I sat in the room praying and texting Tim all the updates. They gave her one bag of fluid and saw no change so they gave her a second one. By the time the second one was over and there was no change they decided it was time for her to go to Loma Linda. They gave me the option to drive or take an ambulance and I decided to drive. As soon as we got in the car she fell asleep. When we got to Loma Linda Emergency Room I had to carry her in because she was so weak and tired. Once we were there and checked in, the waiting began. We waited for almost 3 hours before they took us back to look at her.

part 4 coming soon...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Addyson is on the prayer board in our kitchen... I see her name all day long and think of you guys.

Anonymous said...

What has the diagnosis been fromt eh first time you guys were sent home from the hospital? do the drs have any clue of what is going on?? Jenny

Christy said...

Oh man I had no idea. I am so sorry your sweet girl is going through this. I will be praying today and check back for an update.